MMCA Scholarship Guidelines and Application
Maryland Municipal Clerks Association
MMCA SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
To provide continuing education and to encourage professionalism in Maryland Clerks by awarding financial support to qualified applicants who require assistance in working towards their Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) or Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designations, participate in conferences or conventions designed to enhance local government productivity, or pursue training and higher education goals, including online classes, to further their professional development.
The criteria in the attached document shall be considered by the Scholarship Committee and used for awards and scholarship funds.
The applicant must:
- Be an active member in good standing of the Maryland Municipal Clerks Association (MMCA) and of the International Institute of Maryland Clerks (IIMC).
- Be a municipal clerk, clerk-treasurer, deputy clerk, assistant city clerk, or anyone performing the duties of a clerk, and normally have served in that capacity for a minimum of one year in the present municipality. The one-year requirement may be waived at the discretion of the Education Scholarship Committee.
Applications for scholarships must be submitted on the prescribed form by March 1st , June 1st, September 1st, December 1st, and may be approved at a regular quarterly MMCA meeting .
- Scholarships will cover the Institute or conference registration fee.
- Scholarships may be awarded to the same applicant more than once, but a new application must be submitted each year.
- Overall preference will be given to MMCA members, clerks actively seeking their CMC or MMC designation, and first-time attendees to the academies, conferences, or conventions.
Laura Reams, City Clerk
City of Hyattsville
Phone Number: 301-985-5009
Email Laura Reams