- Maryland Mayors Association
- Past Conference Resources
Winter Conference Resources 2012-2015
Please be mindful that some documents may be large and take a few minutes to open/download.
22nd Annual Winter Conference - 2016
Workshop: Strategic Planning Tips
Powerpoint - Presented by the Novak Group
Workshop: Creative Ways To Communicate with Residents
Powerpoint - Presented by Jason Grant
21st Annual MMA Winter Conference: Safety + Security in Maryland
Workshop: Community Policing
- Crime Reduction in Salisbury
- Creating Partnerships through engagement and communication
- Use of Data and Citizen engagement
Workshop: Emergency Preparedness
20th Annual Winter Conference - Strength Through Unity
2014 Workshop Resources
Back to the Future II
Presented by Anirban Basu, CEO, Sage Policy Group
Full "Back to the Future" Power Point
19th Annual Winter Conference - "Better Cities, Better Towns"
2013 Workshop Resources
Better towns through better planning and design
Presented by Edward McMahon, Senior Resident Fellow, Urban Land Institute
The Distinctive City - Ed McMahon Article
Place Making Dividend - Ed McMahon Article
End of the Strip - Ed McMahon Article
18th Annual Winter Conference - "Taking Care of Business"
2012 Workshop Resources
Identifying Resources for Capital Projects (Handouts):
- Summarizes the criteria Rockville uses to prioritize the many capital projects we'd like to be able to fund.
- 2-page excerpt from Rockville's Capital Improvements Program (CIP) that succinctly describes our prioritization process and lists the capital funding sources used in the city.
- An excerpt from ICMA's book on Capital Budgeting and Finance that cites how Rockville's process aligns funding with organizational goals.
- What Elected Officials Need To Know About Budgeting & Financial Management (ICMA Book for purchase)
Crisis Management: Preparing for Emergencies Presentation