cell phone: 240 271 5514
GOAL: To enhance the role of municipalities in statewide policy advocacy and decision-making by utilizing my extensive county and municipal experience in a position of MML leadership.
Maryland Municipal League
- Hometown Emergency Preparedness Ad Hoc Committee Member (HEPAC).
- Chair, HEPAC – Initiated guest speakers, drafted MML Bylaws change to identify HEPAC as a Standing Committee, increased HEPAC member information sharing.
Councilmember, City of Rockville, elected 2013, re-elected 2015, 2019
- Established public fraud hotline to identify potential waste, fraud and abuse.
- Launched ‘Rockville Goes Purple’, an opioid education and prevention program.
- Initiated Minority, Female, Disabled Procurement Program.
- Championed enhanced senior services and establishment of neighborhood ‘Villages’.
- Montgomery County Government – Promoted multiple times from beginning as a front line librarian manager, to a Senior Manager at the Office of Management and Budget, and finally as Deputy Director of the County’s Department of General Services.
- Responsibilities included appointed to numerous task forces dealing with countywide issues pertaining to public safety, culture and recreational programming, health and human services, revenues and expenditure development, fiscal impact statements, procurement, consumer protection, fleet management, facility deferred maintenance.
- Worked in Prince George’s County Government as a librarian and manager, learning firsthand about the county while dedicated to a county-wide project and traveling on the bookmobile; Manager at the Glenarden Library.
- Montgomery Hospice Board of Directors and Board Chairperson.
- Collaboration Council for Children, Youth and Families (Montgomery County).
- Rockville Board of Supervisors of Elections.
- Montgomery County Retired Employees Association (Presidential appointment).
- Temple Shalom Board of Trustees.
- Maryland Municipal League Conferences; National League of Cities Annual Conferences.
- Maryland Climate Leadership Academy; Leadership Montgomery Graduate.
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, The American University
- Masters in Library Science, The Catholic University of America
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Maryland Business School