Maryland Municipal Clerks Association
MMCA SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
To provide continuing education and to encourage professionalism in Maryland Clerks by awarding financial support to qualified applicants who require assistance in working towards their Certified Municipal Clerk (CMC) or Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designations, participate in conferences or conventions designed to enhance local government productivity, or pursue training and higher education goals, including on-line classes, to further their professional development.
The criteria on the following pages shall be considered by the Scholarship Committee and used for making judgements in conjunction with the information provided by candidates.
The applicant must:
Applications for scholarships must be submitted on the prescribed form no later than 60 days prior to the event.
- Scholarships will cover the Institute or conference registration fee.
- Consideration will be given to financial assistance for lodging, food, and travel on a case-by-case basis, as funds permit.
- Scholarships may be awarded to the same applicant more than once, but a new application must be submitted each year.
- Scholarships may be awarded to clerks pursuing their MMC designation, but preference will be given to those pursing their CMC designation.
- Overall preference will be given to MMCA members, clerks actively seeking their CMC or MMC designation, and first-time attendees to the academies, conferences, or conventions
Lou Ann Crook, Chief of Staff
City of Laurel
Phone Number: 301-725-5300, extension 2125
Click here for Scholarship Application: