NLC hosted a discussion on steps local governments can take to implement the updated CDC mask guidance. The conversation involving several staff from other state municipal leagues revolved around a few specific topics:
- Legal issues that have arisen when state governments have banned masks;
- Lawsuits against states and local governments when they have required masks;
- How local governments can think through what to do regarding the CDC’s mask recommendations and how state leagues can be supportive;
- What state leagues are doing to assist members navigate mask mandates; and
- Tips for local governments and leagues when it comes to working with school districts, and state legislatures, and the community on masks.
The video can be found here and lasts about an hour.