Created to promote awareness and interest in local government, MGW Month is the time to actively showcase your municipality and how it works for your community.
If you have an MGW Flag, time to fly it all month.
Make your council and staff aware by proclaiming November Municipal Government Works month.
That’s just the start. This year, the Engagement and Outreach committee invites you all to play along via your social media account. Let’s get #MGWMonth trending. Throughout the entire month use social media posts to highlight municipal government at work.
A few things to highlight include:
- A City Hall Selfie (have fun with it and get your town hall some camera time)
- Pics of staff, introducing them to the world and thanking them for their efforts
- Pics of citizens (with permission) of them using city services or participating in city-sponsored events
- Record short videos (60 seconds or less) celebrating your municipality and all who and what makes it work
- Post the municipality’s November events
- Give a sneak peek of the municipality’s December events
Hashtag every post #MGWMonth and the League will celebrate along with you.
We'd love to have people post videos, pics and events daily throughout the month and get all your departments and the council involved. Not able to post daily, set a goal to post at least once a week throughout November.
Ready? Set, MGW!