News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/25/2018 11:27:14 AM to 10/25/2018 11:36:13 AM.
Posted on: October 25, 2018
- Enacts laws necessary for the welfare of the State's citizens and certain laws dealing with counties and special taxing districts.
- Proposes amendments to the Maryland Constitution, which must be ratified by the voters during the general election.
- Meets in regular session for 90 calendar days each year beginning the second Wednesday in January to act on more than 2500 pieces of legislation and the State's annual capital and operating budgets.
- Meets in special session when called by the Governor or when a majority of each house petitions the Governor.
- The Department of Legislative Services provides central nonpartisan staff services to support and assist the General Assembly as a whole, its committees and subcommittees, and individual legislators.