The League is opening submissions to all visual artists state-wide for a special project that reflects the spirit of Maryland's cities and towns.
We're seeking to acquire a work of art that reflects the geographic and cultural diversity of our great state, one that will represent all 157 cities and towns and our two special taxing districts. The limited edition reproduction of the work will serve as a token reminder of the importance of municipal government to legislators, community partners and special guests of the League's two premiere training events.
Many municipalities have an Arts district or Arts council. Spread the word in your communities and encourage artists to submit their work for consideration.
Full guidelines can be seen below or on the Maryland Arts Place Resource bulletin:
General Guidelines & Information
· Only 2-D works will be accepted for reproduction - painting, photography, mixed media or similar are welcomed
· All works must be no less than 8X10” and no more than 24X20”
· All reproductions will receive a “seal” noting the Maryland Municipal League as the publisher
· MML will cover fees associated with reproduction
· Artist agrees to use of artwork for press and promotional purposes related to this project
· Artist will remain the owner of image copyright
· Artist is invited to attend a Maryland Municipal League conference (either summer or fall) within a year of the artwork's release
Benefits to the Artist
· Stipend opportunity
· Increased visibility of the artist's name and artwork through:
· MML's internal outlets including website, ebulletin, Municipal Maryland magazine (potential audience 3,000+)
· Gifting of artist reproduction to Maryland's state legislature, business community partners of MML, nationally recognized keynote speakers and international guests
· Potential for work to serve as a branded gift of the League
· Acknowledgement during Maryland Municipal League conference session
Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated based on prior work demonstrating a mastery of the artist's medium. Up to three finalists will be selected to meet with MML team to discuss their concept for capturing the essence of Maryland's cities and towns.
Deadline for Submission December 5, 2019
For consideration, please send application and attachments to email@example.com by close of business December 5, 2019.