Yes, there will be a 2021 MML Summer Conference!
It will be very different, new, and exciting! The Conference Planning Committee (CPC) is creating a “hybrid” educational event and expo consisting of a limited capacity live in-person conference, June 27-29, in Ocean City followed by a virtual event component July 19 - 20. YOU can choose which to attend – it's YOUR CONFERENCE, so it’s YOUR choice!
But don’t worry! Live or virtual, you won’t miss a thing! The virtual portion will contain content from the live event plus bonus content and more than a few surprises.
Changes for 2021 – Live Event and Virtual Event!
- To ensure health and safety for all, the CPC’s plan will adhere to social distancing recommendations by limiting attendance at the sessions held in the Ocean City Convention Center to 400 attendees.
- The Parade of Flags will transition to a Municipal Showcase, a montage of videos provided by each city/town. It will be shown repeatedly at the live and virtual events.
- The Business Meeting and Cabinet Secretaries Roundtable will be part of the virtual event.
Changes for 2021 – Registration Update!
- You may register for both the live and virtual event or the virtual only event. Two choices.
- Registration for the live event also includes the virtual event registration, BOGO!
- IMPORTANT: To give all municipalities a chance to participate in the limited attendance live event, only two representatives from each municipality can register in the first three weeks registration is open.
- Each municipality can determine which two representatives to send to the live component.
- Registration for Summer Conference will open March 5. Initial 3-week period ends March 26.
- After March 26, everyone may register for the live event until the maximum attendance of 400 is reached.
- Virtual conference registrations only include the virtual event and can be completed anytime.
- Full registration will include one ticket to each lunch and both receptions along with live and virtual access to over 20 educational sessions.
- Spouses/guests are not able to attend live conference sessions, workshops, or Expo in 2021 because of limited capacities and social distancing. Guests may attend the Welcome and Closing receptions. Tickets for these events must be purchased prior to the conference on the registration from.
- Live event spouse/guest registration option is not available in 2021.
- Event tickets and on-site registrations for the live portion will not be availalble on-site.
Changes for 2021 - Live Event With Social Distancing Safety
- Attendees will be split into two groups. Each group will attend sessions in rotation. First group will attend workshop 1,2,3 first, then the second group will attend those same sessions later in the day.
- ONLY registered attendees and exhibitors will be allowed in the Ocean City Convention Center.
- All lunches and receptions will be ticketed events.
- All attendees will have the same workshop opportunities for the live event, with three choices for each session.
- Affiliate, Department and Chapter meetings cannot occur during the regular conference hours.
- Children/guests will not be allowed in the expo hall
- A Welcome Reception will kick off the live event on Sunday evening at the Clarion Hotel – both indoor and outside space will help keep us safe!
- A Closing Reception will be held at the Princess Royale Hotel – again, indoors and outdoors. A Banquet dinner is not possible for 2021
- A phone, tablet, electronic device will be required to access conference information. No program or handouts will be available. Bring your charger.
It's a new year and a new opportunity to ‘get outta’ your house, get to Ocean City, and breath fresh ocean air.
The Conference Planning Committee has made these changes to ensure safety and meet current covid-19 requirements – the most important part of planning is YOUR health and safety. The CPC and League staff will continue to monitor the everchanging Federal, State and local pandemic protocol updates. As restrictions are lifted more space and more opportunities may open to all participants.
Hotel information will be distributed on February 12, reservations open on February 16 at 9 am. Pricing for the virtual and live registrations is based on expenses for each component and is currently being determined. Make sure you read upcoming eBulletins for further details and updates.