Because COVID-19 restrictions are likely to continue into June, our maximum capacity in the Ocean City Convention Center is limited to Expo personnel and 400 attendees, maintaining social distancing in all sessions. Of course IF we're all vaccinated and COVID-19 is a bad memory by then, things can change. But, as we know, we have to plan now. So what does that mean to you? For many, your choice will be the virtual option for the 2021 Summer Conference. But we promise, this isn't just another virtual conference. Here are a few things that make MML's next event atypical:
· If you attend the live event in June, you can also participate in the July 19 & 20 virtual event as part of your registration. And we hope you do! Because there will be new content and experiences, as well as new people to connect with.
· Your vote counts! The new 2021-22 MML Board of Directors will be announced at the Business Meeting on Tuesday, June 29.
· Yes, some of the sessions are recorded. But many of our speakers, including Keynote Daryl Davis will also be part of the virtual event to participate in Q&A.
· Virtual Resource Solutions Showcase - don't miss it! Learn from the businesses and organizations that serve Maryland's cities and towns. Thank them for their support through the pandemic. See what's new in products and services for your municipality. Download white papers from them on topics of interest and solutions you need in your city or town.
· Walk through the live Expo in Ocean City - virtually - with our 2021 CPC Chair, Mayor John Carroll, Town of Galena
· New, timely learning labs added just for the virtual event.
· Game night - are YOU game?
· Opportunities to network and to recap the day with peers from across Maryland, virtually.
· Cabinet Secretaries Roundtables and Population-based discussion forums will be part of the virtual MML Summer Conference
Keep checking the website for updates and details. And check your mailbox for the scoop in the latest eBulletin and in the March/April issue of Municipal Maryland.