Showcase your city/town as part of the annual MML Parade of Flags!
The 2021 Conference Planning Committee (CPC) has re-envisioned our annual traditional flag parade as a new Municipal Showcase that will give MML member cities and towns a chance to really showcase what is unique and special about their municipality – more than a walk across the stage for one representative – a brief video where one or many can parade “virtually”. CPC Chair John Carroll, Mayor of the Town of Galena invites your city/town to be part of the this new Municipal Showcase and send in a 5-10 second video about your municipality. MML will premiere this video compilation at Summer Conference. But it will continue to be enjoyed year-round on social media and the MML website and may we suggest, on your municipality’s own website. What’s most special and unique about your city or town? Show and tell the world why your hometown or city is special!
- Video, mp4 format preferred. Grab your camera or cell phone, start recording.
- Graphic/photo stills can also be sent with a brief copy suggestion that we can voice-over (like: “Grover’s Corner – The Town That Time Forgot”)
- Maximum of 5-10 seconds in length
- Include your city/town name, flag and/or seal
- Slogan or interesting fact about your community
- The smiling faces of your officials, staff, and residents
- Your main street, town hall, a landmark or park, favorite hot spot. Get creative. Have fun with this.
- Due April 15, 2021 – not negotiable! Must or bust!
- Video submission form may be found here.
- Contact Steve Lopes at MML@mdmunicipal.org with questions
- MML retains full editing privileges
Haven’t been in the parade before? Don’t have a flag or city/town seal? No problem. These are not required. Could be a good opportunity to create or update your flag. Encourage community involvement, pride, and creativity by holding a flag design contest.