This year, the election for the MML Board of Directors will have both virtual and in-person voting options. Each municipality is permitted to vote via either method, but not both. Here is a breakdown of the voting procedures and timeline.
Remember, each municipality can only vote once, so if a vote is cast on behalf of your municipality in the virtual portion, your municipality will not be permitted to vote again in-person. Since a virtual option is available, municipal proxies have been eliminated this year.
Sunday, June 27
· 4:00 pm: The deadline to submit a nomination form for president-elect and at-large board member. Forms can be email to Bill Jorch (email@example.com).
Monday, June 28
· Morning: An email from our third party provider Electec, will be sent to all chief elected officials with a link to the virtual election platform and a unique passkey that will only work for that recipient.
· 2:00-6:00 pm: The online voting window will be open.
Tuesday, June 29
· 8:00 am: Check-in for in-person voting begins in the lobby of the performing arts center (PAC) at the Ocean City Convention Center.
· 8:00-8:45 am: In-person voting window is open in the lobby of the performing arts center (PAC) at the Ocean City Convention Center
Only elected officials may vote in-person unless a non-elected official is authorized to vote and has submitted an administrative proxy form to Bill Jorch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· 8:30-10:00 am: Business meeting, election results announced.
Thank you and if you have any procedural questions, please contact Bill Jorch (email@example.com).